Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My apologies for neglecting the blog the past few weeks. The semester is coming to a close and I've been caught up doing work for all of my classes. I just wanted to make a quick comment about something I noticed when driving downtown yesterday. First off, add Mark's Pizzeria to the list of storefronts that's been refurbished. It looks great, especially next to the newly made-over Woodman's Pub front. As I tried to get a closer look at Mark's, from my car, I noticed something painted on the window. It said "Now accepting Connections." Most people might not know what that means...but I sure do and think it's great. The connections account is part of the on-campus meal plan. The meal plans have changed since I lived on campus. But I'm pretty sure the Connections account has stayed the same. The account works like anATM/Debit card and can be used in the laundry rooms, vending machines, and dining halls. But Mark's Pizzeria is also accepting Connections now. This is a great option, especially for those students who don't like to carry cash. More businesses should accept Connections, it would encourage students to spend more money downtown shopping.

That's it for now...more to come soon.
-Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great that you're pointing to Mark's Pizzeria's accepting "connections" and what it means for business in Cortland Ray!!

Mrs. Brenneck said...

Downtown Cortland does look nice; at home, (Watertown) our downtown is VERY slowly coming back to life. I love the old-fashioned,small-town feeling of Cortland's downtown. I agree that more businesses should accept connections; it really is a great way to encourage student spending and can perhaps even make more of the students feel like they're a part of the community rather than just students who happen to live here for part of the year.

KatieL said...

I forgot to sign my name to this post...oops. It was me, Karen! I post to this blog too! :)

-Katie